Vehicle Donation Process
- Clean Title (No money owed on vehicle)
- Good Running Condition
- Donor signs title over to Sunday Breakfast Mission.
- Donor brings vehicle to the mission or SBM staff will meet donor at his/her residence or work place to receive the vehicle.
Donor will be given a receipt with the following information:
- Year, Make and Model of the vehicle
- Correct mileage of vehicle
- Condition of vehicle
- Donors Social Security Number (IRS Requirement if the Donor is going to declare a value of more than $500.00.)
- IRS form 1098C will be sent to Donor no later than January 30 th of the following year from the date of donation.
Donor can use a "Fair Market Value" for tax returns because the mission works with needy families and sells cars at significantly below "blue book" value, the vehicle will be kept by the mission for mission use or the mission will sell the car for at or above the "Fair Market Value". For more information refer to IRS bulletin IRS2005-44. You can also visit the IRS' webpage outlining donation guidelines.